National Service Scheme provides the students an opportunity to understand the community; identify its needs and problems as well as the solutions in which they can be involved by assuming social and civic responsibilities. NSS also provides students with the opportunity to apply their education in finding practical solutions to the problems faced by the individuals and the community at large. NSS aims at arousing social consciousness of the youth with an overall objective of personality development through community service. NSS enables students to participate in various programmes of social service and national development, and to help the community.
A student enrolled under NSS is required to put in minimum 120 hours of social service, besides participating in a special Camping programme, in an academic year. This makes the student eligible for getting a Certificate of Merit from the College. Special Camping Progamme is an integral part of NSS. Other activities conducted by NSS. Volunteers include debates, tree plantation, etc. N.S.S. Day and Aids day are other events organized by NSS.
Programmes organized by NSS include
• Annual meetings with NSS programme Officers
• Registration of volunteers for NSS
• NSS students leaders zonal wise Orientation Course
• Debates of social issues
• Campus cleaning, Tree plantation, health awareness programme including participating in pulse polio drive.
• Pollution awareness and environment improvement programme
• Awareness and preparedness of Disaster Management
• Programmes to help visually and mentally challenged people
• Awareness workshops on HIV and Aids
• Organization of a pledge day for 'No Bribe' programme