College Vision, Mission & Aim
Drawing inspiration from Shri Anisur Rahama, MLA and President of Domkal Girls’ College, who worked tirelessly for uplifting the lives of women and College, is dedicated to a vision and missions aimed at playing a catalytic role in women development and positively transforming their lives for the better. The vision also recognizes the need for preparing the students for both leadership and functional roles to take the full advantage of the opportunities that they get.
Empowering women through well-rounded and integrated education and preparing them for excelling in leadership and functional roles at home, society, organizations and country and enabling them to live up to their full potential is the sole vision of Domkal Girls’ College.
The focus on providing integrated and well-rounded education befits the key role that undergraduate courses play in building strong foundations for the future as well as for pursuing further specializations. The emphasis on enabling the students to realize their full potential stems from the belief that self-awareness and recognizing one's own capabilities will be the firm foundation that students will need to build on their self-confidence and become lifelong learners.
1. To create a learning environment, which encourages students to make use of their learning potential maximally and imbibe knowledge, skills and values with ease.
2. To provide academic facilities, which enable teachers to use appropriate technology tools and adopt effective methods of imparting education, developing skills and inculcating values.
3. To offer educational courses and learning opportunities, which lead to the realization of the career objectives and life goals of the students and enable them to become productive and efficient in their chosen avocations.
4. To support the learning experiences of students with participative projects and extra-curricular activities, which contribute to the development of their social consciousness, empathy and interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
5. To help the learners build on their physical and psychological strengths and develop leadership qualities and skills through active participation in co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.
6. To foster the pursuit of excellence and the spirit of healthy competition and prepare the students for the real world life by facilitating their participation in public competitions.
7. To arouse the creativity potential of the learners and nurture their talent for innovation by involving them in challenging assignments as well as in multidisciplinary activities.
8. To instill a sense of environmental responsibility among the learners and facilitate the adoption of sustainable development perspectives and actions as a way of life.
9. To be aware of the special needs of students with physical, social and economic disadvantages and work towards enabling them to acquire education on equal footing without discrimination.
10. To establish quality goals covering academic performance and administration, ensure its adoption by the academicians and staff and strive for continuous improvement in the quality of education and educational services offered.
11. To be conscious of the social responsibilities towards the rural and semi urban communities in the neighborhood and for meeting the higher education aspirations and needs of the girl students of the region.
In its efforts towards, realizing the vision and missions, the college is guided by a set of strong values. The college is committed to play a constructive and catalytic role in national development.
The college cultivates and advocates ethical behaviour in all of aspects of its functioning.
The college values quality in education and will constantly strive for excellence in teaching, research, student support and overall management.
The college will nurture human values and enable its students to become socially valuable.
The college will rely on participatory management, which promotes leadership and teamwork and is accountable to all the stakeholders particularly students.